Sunday, September 23, 2007

Dial A Dialogue


Lesson 258 ~
You are an actress who makes her living doing commercials. You are also the owner of a duplex, a home with two units, one on top of the other. You live on the bottom floor, and rent out the top floor to an undercover policeman. There's a little tension (actually, a BIG diagreement) between the two of you. Play it out through dialogue over the phone:

You: EVERY TIME YOU come home late at night, you wake me up. Must you always be so loud?

Cop: Gimme a break lady. It's been a long day.

You: Long day? Long day?! I'll tell you about a long day. I go to work at 5 in the morning.

Cop: Please! I'm sure it's real tough prancing around in front of a camera every day.

You: As a matter of fact, it is. Do not insult me.

Cop: Can we get to the point? My pizza's getting cold.

You: The point is, stop tromping around when you get home. Walk quieter, please.

Cop: I'm a big guy, not one of those twinkle toes you like to bring home.

You: Who I bring home is none of your business!

Cop: It IS my business since I can hear you through the floor.

You: I've had it. I want you out by the end of the month.

Cop: What?! I don't have any place to go. You can't do that!

(...and since you're the writer, YOU get the last word!)

You: Oh yes I can. Figure it out!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mimi said...

so what's the last word...
does he go or doesn't he?

12:08 PM  
Blogger Paula said...

Oh, he went alright! LOL!

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home