Friday, November 09, 2007

Back To History Reading Challenge


Yep, joined another one. I couldn't resist this reading challenge for the 2008 reading year as I love history and there is so much out there to read. This one is being hosted over here ~
You can pop over there to sign up and read the formal rules and reg's. In a nutshell, you need to read one historical book a month for 2008, a total of 12 books, and you need to mix it up a bit. They cannot ALL be historical fiction, throw a couple of biographies and such in there.
Here is my partial list. I will add to it as I get my other books in line. I hold the right to change this list as I see fit. A couple of these books on my list I don't own yet, which is why the list may change if I can't get them for some reason.

1)Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabablon (Civil War)

2)The President's Lady by Irving Stone (Mrs. Jackson)FINISHED AND REVIEWED 2/10/08

3)Across Five Aprils by Irene Hunt (Civil War)

4)The Widow of the South by Robert Hicks (Civil War) hmmm... I'm starting to see a theme here...

5)Night Overwater by Ken Follett (World War II)

6)Daughter of Fortune by Isabel Allende (California Gold Rush)

7)Laura - The Life of Laura Ingalls Wilder by Donald Zochert (Pioneer days)

8)1906 by James Dalessandro (San Fransico Earthquake and Fire)

9)The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank (Holocaust)

10)Judge Sewalls Apology by Richard Francis (Salem Witch Trials)

11)Life & Times of William I by Antonia Fraser (William the Conquerer)

12)The Truth About Sacajawea by Kenneth Thomasma (Lewis & Clark Expedition)
FINISHED AND REVIEWED 1/16/08

13)The Last Eleven Days of Earl Durand by Jerred Metz (True~ Wyoming "outlaw", 1939) Finished and Reviewed January 6th, 2008.

1 Comments:

Blogger alisonwonderland said...

i'm familiar with only a couple of these. i'll be eager to read your reviews!

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home