Sunday, November 30, 2008

What's In a Name Challenge 2

Here's my list for the What's in a Name Challenge 2. I had all of these on my shelf and didn't have to buy a single book for this challenge. That tickled me to death!

1. A book with a "profession" in its title. ~ The Story of Doctor Doolittle by Hugh Lofting(1948 Hardback version)

2. A book with a "time of day" in its title. ~ Night Over Water by Ken Follett

3. A book with a "relative" in its title. ~ Daughter of Fortune

4. A book with a "body part" in its title. ~ Fall on Your Knees by Ann-Marie Macdonald

5. A book with a "building" in its title. ~ The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls

6. A book with a "medical condition" in its title. ~ A Day No Pigs Would Die by Robert Newton Peck

It's really fun to go through your stacks and find books that meet the criteria of the challenge. Can't wait to get started, but must wait until January 1.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jo-Jo said...

Nice list! I signed up for this one also, but I haven't selected my books yet...do you think that Bleeding Kansas would qualify for a "medical condition"?
I really loved Fall On Your Knees.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Paula,

I'm going to have to check this out. I'm not sure I will join as I have a lot on my plate right now, but it looks intriguing. Thanks for posting about it.

Blessings,
Mary

7:42 PM  
Blogger Jeff Kallman said...

Let's see . . .

Body parts: Sue Grafton, C is for Corpse (Well, you didn't say the entire body was disqualified!); H. Allen Smith, A Short History of Fingers.

Medical condition: Goodman Ace, The Fine Art of Hypochondria; Albert Jay Nock, Snoring as a Fine Art; Selma Diamond, Nose Jobs for Peace.

Building: Tom Wolfe, From Bauhaus to Our House; Peter Golenbock, Fenway.

Relative: Donald Hall, Fathers Playing Catch with Their Sons.

Time of Day: George F. Will, The Morning After; Norman Mailer, Ancient Evenings; Shirley Povich, All Those Mornings at the Post.

Profession: William F. Buckley, Jr., The Jeweler's Eye; P.J. O'Rourke, The CEO of the Sofa.

I don't know if you've tried this one yet, but how about books with food in their titles but having nothing to do, strictly, with food itself . . .

E.B. White, One Man's Meat; Red Barber, Rhubarb in the Catbird Seat; Frederick Klein, Sunflower Seeds and Seoul Food.

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home