Friday, February 29, 2008

The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox




"Let us begin with two girls at a dance."
Written by Maggie O'Farrell

I really enjoyed this book ~ when I had to put it down it was on my mind until I could pick it back up again. The story is told of two sisters, one growing up "proper", the other being a bit of a rebel, in the days when a Father could decide that it was in a girls best interest to put her in an asylumn for awhile. In this case Esme was left there, virtually forgotten, for over 60 years until the institution was closing down and the nearest relative had to be contacted. From here, we go 60 years into the past, to a world of family secrets and lies. A wonderful book, one that I'll keep on my shelf for some time to come.

2 Comments:

Blogger jenclair said...

I just checked this one out from the library!

4:16 AM  
Blogger Booklogged said...

Sounds very interesting and, like you say, thought provoking.

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home