Friday, July 22, 2011

I Still Dream About You - Fannie Flagg

I've read a few Fannie Flagg books and this one was certainly not my favorite. It was a very light read without much depth to any of the characters. The main character is a 60 year old former Miss Alabama who now sells real estate and thinks that her life has been one big disappointment. With nothing to live for, she makes plans to "leave", meaning that she is going to strap weights to her amrs and legs and throw herself into the river. Each time she plans the exact time of the end of her life, some crisis or another turns up that makes it necessary to put off her demise. I thought it got old really fast and honestly just kept reading, hoping that something interesting would happen. There were a little bit of predictable twists and turns, but nothing that saved the story in my eyes.


"Fried Green Tomatos" is one of my favorites and this one fell far short.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home